If you're looking to change the name on your profile on Spotlight, please note:
- Currently, our Young Performer members do not need unique names until they reach 18
- All Performer members must have a unique name on Spotlight, adhering to the guidelines below.
Spotlight's guidelines do not permit:
- Same/similar names (spelling/sound ) when a name already exists e.g. Jayne Peel and Jane Peal or Judi Dench and Judy Dench
- Adding initials when a name already exists e.g. Meryl K Streep
- A diminutive of a long form name where a long form name already exists e.g. Pete Smith if we already have a Peter Smith
- A long form name where a diminutive already exists e.g. Benjamin Callard where we already have a Ben Callard
- Pluralised surnames where another exists e.g. John Owen and John Owens
Our website has more information on choosing a professional name: https://www.spotlight.com/help-and-faqs/your-spotlight-name-and-faqs/.
Please note that Equity and Spotlight are different companies with different databases, so you should check with Equity separately to see if your name is available with them.
To make an initial check to see if your name is available, use our name checker. Our team will need to do further checks, per the guidelines above, so subsequently you can click 'Submit a request' at the top of the page to contact our team about a name change. Please ensure you are not choosing a name that is unavailable, including per the guidelines above.